Tuesday 17 September 2013

Is that it, summer?

Last week it was in the 30s here. This morning I woke up and ... it wasn't. I am, as a result, slowly having to come to terms with the fact that it is going to get much colder and that I may need to source some long pants, closed shoes and a sweater or two.

Hey, I may even go all out and try to find a warm jacket and some ice skates too. Apparently weekend social hockey games are essential to winter living here in small-town Canuckistan.

My only concern as the winter approaches is what I'm going to do with my dark glasses now that it's getting darker earlier and earlier ... People may not recognise me at church if I'm not wearing them!

In the meantime, here is one last look back at one of the many perfect days Summer dished up for us last month - when we took a quick jaunt out to the Cottonwood River north of town.

The Cottonwood River
Perfect spot
Pure laziness
Preparing to plunge
Water fight!
Contemplation
A hint of Autumn

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! Love the Water Fight photo of Lyndsay!

    ReplyDelete